Night Auditors are our evening ambassadors that create a welcoming environment by delivering brilliant guest service until the break of day. You take ownership in auditing and balancing, while servicing our guests at the front desk. You focus on nightly accounting while upholding guest service by creating a positive memorable experience with each and every guest encounter.
Reports To:Front Office Manager / Controller
1. Prepares and balances daily bank deposits.
2. Places daily change orders.
3. Reconciles cash overages and shortages.
4. Audits and reconciles petty cash vouchers.
5. Completes and verifies night audit work.
6. Prepares and balances daily revenue report and the monthly F & B report, and maintain and
stores hotel journals.
7. Audits F & B checks.
8. Reports overages and shortages to the Controller on a Daily basis.
9. Counts the general cashier's bank on a daily basis.
10. Demonstrates and promotes a strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for
our guests and employees.
11. Assures highest possible level of guest satisfaction.
12. Complies with all safety and security policies in accordance with Company standards and policies.
13. Follow all guidelines, policies and principles set forth in the Employee Handbook.
14. Maintain a courteous, respectful and friendly attitude towards guests and co-workers.
15. Complete and submit copies of required forms, reports, documents and checklists to the Front
Office Manager, Controller and General Manager by shift end.
16. Notify Front Office Manager when in need of night audit supplies.
17. Receiving and recording of hotel room reservations by means of the telephone and the reservation
system, plus pre-blocking rooms daily before guest check-in.
18. Distribution of administrative phone calls, using prescribed policies of screening and proper
19. Communications with the maintenance and housekeeping departments to ensure requests and
problems are addressed in a timely and acceptable manner, and to complete housekeepers report
daily to ensure accurate room status.
20. Performance of pre-registration activities to ensure smooth check-in for guests.
21. Proper coding of registration cards to compile accurate statistics and guest tracking information,
plus file folio when needed.
22. Complete guest registration bucket checks.
23. Maintenance and security of guest room and other hotel keys; strictly follow hotel's key security
policies and procedures.
24. Monitor on continual basis the folios of guests to ensure payment and balance information follows
policies and procedures.
25. Proper handling and distribution of guest and administrative mail, telephone messages and
charges, and follow-up to guest's special requests.
26. Accuracy in recording and handling of money transactions through the hotel and registers, plus
completing safe deposit drop witness sheets.
27. Accurate accounting of room, food & beverage outlets, banquet, meeting, miscellaneous and
28. Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of the hotel lobby, furniture and the front desk area.
29. Maintain organization of the front desk in respect to guest supplies; (i.e. - towels, glasses, soap,
lightbulbs, pens, menus, etc.).
30. Communicate any suggestions or recommendations to supervisor and management to offer better
guest satisfaction or make operations more efficient.
31. Assistance and promotion of teamwork throughout all departments of the hotel, plus added
communication with Sales/Management dealing with promotions, discounts, group bookings, etc.
32. Proper handling of guest check-in and checkout procedures.
33. Make recommendations to supervisor on ways to make work environment more rewarding,
maintaining high morale.
34. Make sure all incidental charges are properly posted to guest folio.
35. Act as a safety and security agent. Reporting to management anything or person who acts
suspicious and might jeopardize the safety and security of the hotel employees or the guests.
36. Operate all front desk machines and computers, including printers, fax machine, etc.
37. Answer properly and administrate all switchboard calls.
38. Enter guest room service orders into the POS and ensure orders are delivered accordingly.
39. Communicate efficiently and effectively with all hotel guests.
40. Know all safety and emergency procedures and policies.
41. Maintain the highest possible level of guest satisfaction, within your ability.
42. Log all "called in" maintenance items to be repaired immediately.
43. Maintain proper front desk uniform (including name tag) as established by management.
44. Attendance of all mandatory department staff meetings.
45. Complete shift overview report for each shift and send out via email.
46. Perform other duties as assigned by Management to include: Front Office Supervisor, Front Office
Situated in Menomonee Falls, our hotel offers thoughtful design with the essential needs of frequent traveler in mind. Settle in to newly renovated rooms and suites with smart amenities including fast, free Wi-Fi, complimentary bottled water, oversized TVs and plush Marriott brand bedding. Waterlin Coffee Bar & Bistro, our signature restaurant, showcases classic comfort dishes with a modern twist. The cocktail menu will focus on multiple old fashioned creations and of course local craft beers. All of the specialty cocktails go the extra step to pay homage to Wisconsin’s ice harvesting trade by asking guests, “How do you want your ice? Crushed, picked or cubed? If you're hosting an event, our hotel offers several well-designed banquet spaces; a team of experienced planners is on hand to ensure that your gathering is a success.